Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year, New Blog: or, I'm Not Dead Yet!

So.... I bet you thought this blog was dead, didn't you?

I totally fooled you, didn't I?

Didn't I?

Actually... you were partly right.  It was mostly dead.  In hibernation.  A respite, if you will.  Otherwise known as wedding season.  And Thanksgiving.  And Christmas.  And...

I haven't just been working, but it would take several blogs worth to catch up on everything that's gone on since July.  Assuming I've just been working is easier.  Because if it wasn't work that I got actually paid for, it's been work on my own personal projects, on maintaining friendships across state lines, and (more recently) on our house and on myself.

It's also just been a hell of a year.  In a good way.  In 2017 I...

  • Turned 32.
  • Moved.
  • Bought a house.
  • Had an amazing bachelorette party.
  • Got married to the love of my life.
  • Officially became a stepmom.
  • Went on a mini-honeymoon to House on the Rock/Wisconsin Dells.
  • Read 55 books (my yearly goal is 50).
  • Won judges choice in a poetry contest.
  • Made a lot of fun projects.
  • Watched the solar eclipse.
  • Went to Chicago for my friend's baby shower.
  • Dressed up for Halloween every single day of October.
  • Went to three Christmases in one day.
  • Got a brand new fancy smartphone.
  • Stayed home on NYE and did absolutely nothing.
It was a truly wonderful year, one of my best yet in spite of the obvious stresses of so many major life changes in such a short time frame (especially since I basically planned our wedding in about a month!).

But now it's 2018.  I have absolutely no idea what is in store, but I hope to actually blog about it this time.

So, in case you'd forgotten, my name is Ashley and I (occasionally) write this blog.  I love clothes, pins, books, food, dogs, being an introvert, and lots and lots of nerdy things.


Over the next few weeks, I'm hoping to change the way I blog here, including more frequent blogs on a wider variety of topics than my week-to-week life.

In the meantime, you can always follow me on Instagram (username redhead_vintage_girl), where I share my almost-daily outfit post, along with photos of my crafts, food, and life in general.

It's 2018, guys.  It's a whole new year, with countless possibilities and adventures.  I'm looking forward to settling more and more into a daily routine, into our home, and into my still-newfound happiness.

What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment