Friday, July 10, 2015

Pretty Vintage Girl? Me?

I’m starting a blog.  Again.

This time, it’s not just about food and books.  (I mean, it’s going to be about that, too, obviously.) It’s about my life.  I just celebrated the one-year anniversary of my ex-husband moving out.  It’s caused some reflection on the past year, and on the years before that.  So very, very much has happened this year, and almost all of it wonderful. Even the bad times ended up working out for the best.  I changed the locks, and changed my life, and can’t imagine how and why I didn’t do both sooner. 

In that year, I’ve learned a lot more about who I am, what I want in life (though still not at all what I want to be when I grow up), who the truly important people in my life are, and what it’s like to be really ridiculously happy.

Who am I?  I go by surprisingly many names.  My real name is Ashley.  My stage name is Bonnie.  Some people call me Cupcake, due to my predilection for baking cupcakes.  And others call me the Pretty Vintage Girl, or PVG, when they can’t remember any other name or because they apparently think it’s an apt descriptor.

And I suppose it is.

Maybe.
I started dressing “retro” about five or six years ago, when I found myself bored with my previous eclectic style.  It took me a little bit to get the hang of it, and to find all the best vintage stores in the area.

And I briefly decided to be a platinum blonde.

List under: Things to Never Do Again.
Since then, it’s gotten a bit out of control.  My apartment has become a refuge for mid-century furniture and paraphernalia, and my closet?  Well.  Let’s not go there.  It’s only gotten far, far worse in the past year.

So.  This blog is for my adventures, my antique mall discoveries, my pictures of dogs, inevitable selfies, and for my realizations about life as a 30-year-old divorcee living in South St. Louis.  If this past year was so great, I can only image this upcoming one will be even better.

Bonus points for a selfie with a dog and a vintage dress.

3 comments:

  1. Whee new blog! And I hope that the filing under things never to do again is for the platinum hair and not for posing with me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a camera, ladies! Just say when!

    ReplyDelete